Wow, that’s a long title. Sorry, but I just wanted to be clear what you are getting into if you come here. In this article, I’m going to talk about what it takes in very simple terms to build and specifically debug a windows 8 metro application using the beta version of Visual Studio 2011.
Here are the steps:
2. Using display settings (control panel / display) make the monitor that is not your desktop the primary monitor
3. Launch your desktop on the computer that is your primary monitor
4. Run Visual Studio 2011 Beta on your desktop
5. Create a Metro style project
6. Run/Debug from inside Visual Studio
That’s it! The trick is that you want to be running visual studio from the monitor you are sitting in front of and NOT call that your main monitor. If you don’t do this, then metro comes up and covers up your Visual Studio session.
Hope this helps!