Normally, setting up Microsoft Exchange Server with a mobile phone is pretty straight forward. I just got the Samsung Epic 4G today (see my earlier post here: ( http://peterkellner.net/2010/08/31/sprint-samsung-epic-4g-first-impression/ ) and setting up Exchange was a little confusing.
I use GoDaddy’s Exchange Servers (hence the mail.ex1.secureserver.net), but the field Domain\Username through me for a loop. After some experiment, I just tried putting my email in there and, to my surprise, it worked. I don’t get why there is a leading backslash or the title Domain\Username but since my email is now working, I thought I’d share.