Who is Peter Kellner ?
Peter is the founder of Silicon Valley Code Camp and long-time software professional specializing in mobile and web technologies. He has also been a Microsoft MVP in ASP.NET since 2005.
> Cornell University, Ithaca, New York — Bachelors and Masters in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
> Founder, president, chief technology officer, and software developer at 73rd Street Associates in 1990.
- Successfully delivered systems for university clinic scheduling, insurance company management, and a turnkey physician office management system for more than 500 customers nationwide.
- Developed a medical software suite that included electronic billing which aggregated insurance claims, securely sent them to a central location, and then distributed them to the appropriate online insurance carriers. The technologies involved native TCP/IP secure connections on Windows 2000 clients and Unix servers running Oracle with substantial business logic on the servers.
- Developed a two-year project to replace the online processing of a $200 million annual revenue insurance company in Florida. This project involved both architecting a sophisticated three-tier application that managed all business processes of this insurance company from adjudicating claims, billing groups, as well as paying commission-based brokers and sales people. The project was delivered and signed off successfully and on schedule.
> In late 2000, 73rd Street Associates (then Tuften, Inc.) assets were all purchased by a large insurance company
Independent Software Consultant Achievements
- Built Membership and Profile Management ASP.NET provider for a Fortune 500 Company Inc which supported rates of over 6000 transactions per second to an LDAP server. Built test suite which exposed bugs in core security libraries which were subsequently fixed by the security vendor.
- Filed multiple bugs against Microsoft tools over the years, and many of these have been recognized by Microsoft and fixed.
- Microsoft MVP in ASP.NET. The Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) is an award presented by Microsoft for the employees or individuals or consultants working outside Microsoft. Microsoft MVPs are exceptional technical community leaders from around the world who have been recognized for voluntarily providing technical expertise towards technical communities supporting Microsoft products or technologies.
- ASPInsider. The ASPInsiders are a select group of international professionals who have demonstrated expertise in ASP.NET technologies and who provide valuable, early feedback on related developing technologies and publications to their peers, the Microsoft ASP.NET team, and others.
- Developed enterprise applications in HTML5 and CSS3 in production now· A messaging application built with Sencha’s ExtJS· A Mobile Application To Track Enterprise Resource Usage with SenchaTouch (IPad Dedicated)
- Developed application prototypesfor entrepreneurial start-ups seeking venture capital funding· A Yellow Pages mobile application prototype using Windows Mobile Technology combined with ASP.NET web services· An SMS application for finding restaurants using ASP.NET for both delivery and administration· SQL Server code prototype that does artificial intelligence processing
- Experienced with a variety of technologies, including Windows Mobile, VoIP, C++, C, Java, Oracle, and PowerBuilder.
> Author of several MSDN articles, covering topics such as writing secure code, building Custom Controls as well as Membership and Profile tools for more easily building enterprise ASP.NET web applications.
> Active blogger, with his own blog that is frequented by industry experts and novices alike. He also has been invited to contribute to numerous other blog sites, including DotNetSSlackers.
> Volunteer and paid speaker at numerous industry events and conferences, including:
- VSLive Speaker
- DevConnections Speaker
- Bay.Net User Group Meetings
- Various Code Camps
> Primary organizer of Code Camp, a free, well-attended developer weekend event in Silicon Valley (Largest Free Developers Event in the World!)
- Coming up on 7th Code Camp! (1 every year)
- Over 2000 Attendees in 2011
- 200+ Sessions in 2011